Friday 1 March 2013

Interview no.3: Molly Limpets


Yesterday I had an interview for a placement with the Theatrical Company Molly Limpets in Sheffield and I was more than nervous. 

All ready for my interview. I was going for a very monochrome look which was teamed with a black, biker leather jacket. 


Molly Limpets have a fancy dress store at the bottom of my road and for years I have been trying to get a placement there, but more experience was needed first. After being at the University of Leeds for over a year now, meaning over a year of intense garment technology training, Molly Limpets kindly offered me an interview to discuss what opportunities they could offer me. 

They are currently in their third factory and as soon as I walked in a mass of fancy dress, musical theatre and pantomime costumes jumped out. There were rails upon rails upon rails and I just found myself starring at them all while I was waiting for Scott, the owner.  

During my interview Scott was great and we had a great chat about the company and the things they do. It really does sound like this unique company is expanding, which personally I think is fantastic as we all know how poor quality and frankly horrendous fancy dress costumes are online and in some stores. Molly Limpets however pattern cut and construct all their own costumes from perfectly sources material. As soon as a new film is out or a genre is becoming popular, they respond to the market and straight away get sewing so that in no time the costumes are ready to be hired. 

I really enjoyed the day and found it more than interesting to learn how the company works and whats involved. I am also happy to say that I got the job! We have not decided on all the fine detail and other employees need to be informed about the opportunities they can offer me however Scott said he would be more than happy to let me join the team.

If you want to know more about Molly Limpets or want to look at their fantastic range of musical theatre, pantomime and fancy dress costumes them please look at their website

Zoe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment